Falun Gong is freely practiced in more than 50 countries, but relentlessly persecuted in China.
The peaceful courage of practitioners there has shocked their oppressors and moved the people of the world.
While China continues to block information about the persecution, FGM TV brings you the stories you may not hear anywhere else.
Hello, and welcome to the FGM TV weekly news review on November 26, 2002
I'm David Tompkins
In this week's update from China…
The number of Falun Gong practitioners verified to have died while in detention is 518, with confirmation of 5 more deaths received in the past week. Reliable sources inside China, however, put the actual death count in the thousands.
In the last 7 days, reports of persecution have come in from 16 provinces and from the cities of Beijing, and Chongqing.
290 people declared as void all statements they had made under torture and at times when their minds were not clear. They said they intend to continue to practice Falun Gong.
Our top story this week:
Agence France Presse reported that the U.S. Ambassador to China Clark Randt vowed on Monday, November 25th to bring China to task over its abhorrent human rights record.
And some of our other stories:
A practitioner is murdered in the Maojiashan Forced Labour Camp in Chongqing
A hotline to report Falun Gong practitioners in Sichuan Province, where Chongqing is located
The first dust storm of the year hits Changchun city
A Falun Gong practitioner leaves a detention center by maintaining his firm belief in “Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance”
Falun Gong spreading in Ukraine
An appeal at the NATO summit in Prague
The first English Eastern Canada Experience Sharing Conference
Ancient human fossils in Korea, and
A 67 year old woman who recovered from a skin disease she suffered with for 40 years
The U.S. Ambassador to China Clark Randt vowed in a speech to American business people in Beijing on Monday, November 25th to bring China to task over its poor human rights record.
He referred to an upcoming U.S.-China dialogue on human rights on December 16th and demanded that China produce substantive results.
When speaking to members of the American Chamber of Commerce, he said, "If China wants to be accepted as both a respected and responsible member of the international community, then China must abide by certain internationally-accepted forms of behavior."
He said no other single issue receives more of his personal attention.
He urged companies doing business in China to use their influence to bring about change in the human rights standards in that country.
He said, "American companies and their representatives in China can and should lead by example. One important way American companies can contribute in this regard is through good corporate social responsibility programs."
· On November 19, the following details were received about the murder of Ms. Chenyu Zhou, a Falun Gong practitioner who had been illegally sent to Maojiashan Forced Labor Camp in the city of Chongqing.
· On pretext of treating a few boils that had appeared on the soles of Ms. Zhao's feet, Yang Ming, leader of the fourth team in the labor camp ordered a month-long treatment of medical force-feeding and injections.
· The strong, unknown medication caused Ms. Zhao's lower abdomen to swell up like a watermelon, and her whole body suffered from dropsy.
· She complained to her fellow inmates that the pressure on her heart was so uncomfortable that she couldn't eat or sleep.
· When her condition deteriorated to the point where she could hardly breathe, Yang Ming ordered two criminals to carry Ms. Zhao to the hospital.
· Doctors there continued to force-feed and inject the unknown drugs into her until she died a short time later.
· The date of her death is unknown, but the report that was received, like others in the past, stated that any detainees who knew of the death were immediately segregated from everyone else for a few months.
· Then, they were transferred to a different labor camp so that news of the murder would not spread.
· Ms. Zhao's fellow practitioners were moved to Nanmusi Labor Camp where they are still being persecuted.
· The report also advises that team leader Yang Ming has inflicted the same kind of medical torture on other Falun Gong practitioners detained at Maojiashan Forced Labor Camp.
· Currently, another Falun Gong practitioner at Maojiashan, Zhang Hongquan is on the verge of death.
· In the southern Sichuan Province, where the city of Chongqing is located, and the Maojiashan Labor Camp, the Xishanping Labor Camp, and the Nanmusi Labor Camp are located, the police have created a hotline for people to report Falun Gong practitioners.
· The number on your screen was advertised in a local newspaper in late October.
· With the country code and area code it is 86-28-8613-1333.
· It is of great concern to all people when those who hold to the principle of "Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance" are persecuted.
· We would ask that people around the world pick up the phone and call this number to speak to the police in China and tell them that Falun Gong is Good, and that they should stop persecuting good people.
· Again, the number is 86-28-8613-1333.
First Dust Storm of the year in Changchun City
Changchun City in the Northern Jilin Province is the hometown of Li Hongzhi the founder of Falun Gong and the city where he first began to teach the practice.
Earlier this year, after videos clarifying the truth about Falun Gong were played on the local cable station, the city became the focus of a massive crackdown in which 5000 practitioners disappeared within one month into Labor Camps.
In the following months there were reports of brutal torture, and many deaths.
Early on the morning of November 11, Changchun City was held in the grip of the first sand storm of the year, and local reports said it was very hard to see anything.
An early winter dust storm like this has never occurred before.
People jokingly said the dust storm had come to welcome the '16th Party Session'.
A Falun Gong practitioner in China reported that he was arrested while clarifying the truth to people about the persecution, but he was able to leave the detention center by maintaining his belief in “Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance.”
He said on the National Holiday in 2002, during a large-scale roundup of practitioners that he was sent to a detention center where he was interrogated for several days.
He began a hunger strike the same day he was detained because he knew that he should leave the jail to return to where he can continue to tell people about the facts of the persecution.
He said at one time when a group of policemen surrounded him, wanting to force-feed him, he asked Teacher Li to eliminate the persecution imposed upon him.
He then took the opportunity to clarify the truth of the Great Law to them and raised many examples of the good deeds he had done since learning It.
He said that he would not yield to the pressure and warned them that they would be responsible for any consequences if they force-fed him.
When he was talking with them, someone suddenly came in and asked to talk with their leader about an emergency situation, so they could not continue with the force-feeding.
Another attempt to force-feed him was stopped in a similar way, he said.
His remarkable experience shows the omni-present power of the Great Law.
He said during the last few days of his hunger strike, he almost fainted several times when he tried to stand up, but each time a powerful current would enter the top of his head and travel through his entire body.
He said he knew that this was Teacher Li strengthening him.
Finally, he reported that just before September 9th, 2002 in the Lunar calendar, he was unconditionally released.
· In October 2002, Ukrainian Falun Gong practitioners were invited to attend an international forum entitled, "Biological Energy and Human Health" to be held on November 1-3 in Yalta on the Crimean Peninsula on the north side of the Black Sea.
· The event was not a large one, and since the practitioners were the guests of honour, it provided an excellent opportunity for more interaction with the audience.
· People showed great interest in the principles of Falun Gong and the gentle exercises.
· In their report, practitioners said, "The next morning, we did the exercises at the beach. The weather was fine, with a warm wind blowing in from the sea, and waves gently splashing against the shore. People who were taking a walk along the beach saw us doing the graceful exercises, accompanied by the music, and they approached us to ask for more information. We introduced them to Falun Gong and gave them truth-clarifying materials."
· An older man who came from Kaliningrad said to us after observing us for two days that he had watched a program the year before in Kiev about an incident in China. It said that Falun Gong was not good, and he had believed that practitioners were bad people. He said, "Now I know that you are a group of people who are extremely good."
· Around the world, we are doing our best to bring the truth to those who have been poisoned by Jiang's slanderous propaganda.
· The Ukrainian practitioners said, "You never know who has been poisoned, but when they tell you that they now understand that Falun Gong is a very good thing, like the man on the beach in Yalta, you feel that the effort is definitely one that warms your heart."
· During the 2002 NATO Summit in Prague, Falun Gong practitioners from Sweden, England, Germany, the Slovak Republic and Switzerland, joined with Czech practitioners to clarify the truth of the persecution of Falun Gong in China to the participants of the summit.
· The activities took place on November 22nd and 23rd.
· They gathered peacefully in front of the Chinese Embassy.
· They held a parade that went into the center of Prague to Palackeho Square, where they held a press conference.
· They also demonstrated the exercises in Krizovnicke Square next to the 700-year-old Charles Bridge.
· Tourists from many different countries were able to learn the truth of Falun Gong, including many Chinese people.
Practitioners in Toronto held the first English Eastern Canada Falun Dafa experience sharing conference on November 23rd.
Falun Gong practitioners from as far away as New Brunswick, Boston, and Chicago came to participate.
I was there and had this to report.
Ancient Human Fossils Discovered in Lava in Korea
In contrast with the theory of evolution, many recent archeological discoveries have provided evidence that human beings lived hundreds of thousands of years ago.
More and more of these archeological discoveries have demonstrated that mankind has existed through different human civilizations and during different historical periods.
In one example, according to the August issue of Today’s Korea, archeologists with the Korean Academy of Social Sciences discovered ancient human fossils in the lava at a stone city site in Korea.
The fossils include skulls, pelvis bones, thighbones and hipbones of a female, a youth and a child.
This is the first time that ancient human fossils were discovered in lava.
After an investigation of five volcanic vents near the fossil site, researchers believe that these five vents erupted approximately between 700,000 and 100,000 years ago.
After fluorescent and high-magnetic analyses, the fossils were dated to 300,000 years ago.
· A 67 year-old practitioner reported that after beginning the Falun Gong practice in 1998, a skin disease that troubled her for over 40 years disappeared along with her other illnesses.
· The skin disease was hereditary and extremely tough to cure. Even specialists weren't able to do anything.
· She had a rash all over her body with a yellowish secretion, that was painful if scratched but itchy if she didn't.
· The discomfort made her loose her appetite, and to loose her sleep.
· She said by the fourth day of practicing Falun Gong, she felt the Falun rotating in her lower abdomen.
· She said she has persistently studied the Great Law and practiced the exercises for the past four years.
· She also went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was jailed for clarifying the truth.
· With constant study of the teachings of Falun Gong and elevation of her moral nature, all of her diseases disappeared.
· She said that the lies and slander have deceived too many innocent people, and she said, "I hope that after hearing my experiences you can try to understand Falun Gong, to understand 'Truthfulness, Compassion, Tolerance' and to establish a positive relationship with Dafa or the 'Great Law'.
Thanks for watching FGMtv…
dedicated to breaking through China's information blockade, revealing propaganda, and bringing you the truth of Falun Gong.